What is a cookie?
A cookie is a text file safe that is stored in your browser when you visit almost any website. The usefulness of the cookie is the website to be able to remember your visit next time you browse that page. Although many people do not know the cookies have been used since 20 years ago, when the first browser for the World Wide Web.
What IS NOT a cookie?
It is not a virus or a Trojan or a worm, or spam, no spyware, no pop-up window opens.
What information stores a cookie?
Cookies do not usually store sensitive information about you, such as credit card or bank account information, photographs, your identity card or personal information, etc. The data stored are technical, personal preferences, personalized content, etc.
The web server does not associate you as a person if your web browser. In fact, if you usually browse with Internet Explorer and try browsing the same web with Firefox or Chrome will see that the web does not realize that you are the same person because it really is partnering with the browser, not the person.
What kind of cookies are there?
- Technical Cookies: are the most basic and allow, among other things, to know is when browsing a human or an automated application, when an anonymous user navigates and one registered basic tasks to run any dynamic web.
- Cookies analysis: collect information about the type of navigation is performing, most used sections, reference numbers, time slot of use, language, etc…
- Advertising Cookies: show advertising based on your browsing, their country of origin, language, etc…
What are their own and third-party cookies?
The cookies themselves are generated by the page you are visiting and the third are those generated by internal or external providers such as Facebook, Twitter, Google, etc.
What happens if I disable cookies?
To understand the extent you may have to disable cookies we show some examples:
- You can not share content from that page on Facebook, Twitter or any other social network.
- The web site will not adapt content to their personal preferences, as often happens in online shops.
- can not access the personal area of the web, such as My Account or My Profile or My orders .
- Online Shopping: It will be impossible to make purchases online, will be calling or visiting the physical store if you have one.
- It will not be possible to customize your geographic preferences as time zone, currency or language.
- The website can not perform web analytics on visitors and web traffic, making it difficult to be competitive anywhere.
- You can not blogging, you can not upload photos, post comments, value or rate content. The web may not know whether you are a human or an automated application that publishes spam.
- No sectorizada can display advertising, which will reduce advertising revenue of the website.
Can I delete cookies?
Yes. Not only remove, also block, general or particular to a specific domain.
To remove cookies from a website should go to your browser settings and there you can find the associated domain in question and proceed to its elimination.
Setting cookies for the most popular browsers
Here’s how to access a particular browser cookie Chrome . Note: These steps may vary depending on the browser version:
- Go to Settings or Preferences using the File menu or by clicking the icon customization that appears above right.
- You will see different sections, click the Show Advanced Options .
- Go to Privacy , Content Settings .
- Select All cookies and site data .
- List appears with all the cookies sorted by domain. To make it easier to find the cookies for a particular domain partially or fully enter the address in the Search cookies .
- After making this filter onscreen one or more lines with cookies of the web request. Now just select it and press the X to proceed with their elimination.
To access the browser cookie settings Internet Explorer follow these steps (may vary depending on the version of the browser):
- Go to Tools , Internet Options
- Click Privacy .
- Move the slider to adjust the level of privacy you want.
To access the browser cookie settings Firefox follow these steps (may vary depending on the version of the browser):
- Go to options or Preferences as your operating system.
- Click Privacy .
- In History choose Use custom settings for history .
- You will now see the Accept Cookies , can be enabled or disabled as desired.
To access the browser cookie settings Safari for OSX follow these steps (may vary depending on the version of the browser):
- Go to Preferences , then Privacy
- In this place you will see the Block cookies to adjust the type of lock to perform.
To access the browser cookie settings Safari for iOS follow these steps (may vary depending on the version of the browser):
- Go to Settings , then Safari
- Go to Privacy & Security , see the Block cookies to adjust the type of lock to perform.
To access the browser cookie settings for devices Android follow these steps (may vary depending on the version of the browser):
- Run the browser and press the Menu , then Settings key.
- Go to Privacy and Security , see the Accept Cookies to select or clear the check box.
To access the browser cookie settings for devices Windows Phone follow these steps (may vary depending on the version of the browser):
- Open Internet Explorer , then more , then Setup
- You can now toggle the box Allow cookies .